Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Paris


Paris - Day 1 015
Originally uploaded by sciotoreserve.
It's now been a little less than two weeks since my trip to London and Paris. Only now have I had a chance to look back at how enjoyable the trip was -- although I don't recommend going alone.

The one advantage of being alone on the trip was the opportunity to pace myself through the magnificent museums in both cities. From the National Gallery, British Museum, the V & A and Tate Modern in London to the Lourve, Orsay, Pompidou Center, and Picasso Museum in Paris... I've never experienced such a vast amount of art through the ages in such a short time (and also at such little expense).

I was also surprised at the freedom given to visitors to take (non-flash) photographs -- except for the Mona Lisa.

No comments: