Saturday, November 01, 2008

I WANT MY MTV ... and a lot more!

My friends at Jacobs Media have been talking for the last year about the idea of CVC (Control Variety Choice) and from my perspective MTV has nailed it with the new MTV Music site. I visited the site for the first time today wondering if it would really talk to me. It didn't take long to find a Jackson Browne video (below) that immediately answered that question affirmatively.

It got me thinking -- "Hello Public Radio and Television???? What about your music brands (Classical-Jazz-AAA), why shouldn't we be the place the find these videos on the web?"

NPR Music is a start but it's still primarily audio, we need to act as a system to secure the video that exists of these great and historic performances this is one I'm going to be pondering for a while as a search through the MTV video archives.

No comments: